Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MMA Gear That Doesn't Suck: Scramble Stuff


As we all know, most MMA gear is god awful. Skulls, glitter, dragons, chains, brass knuckles, and weird markings that look like skeet stains. But there are still a few rebel designers that actually make clothing that is wearable (and actually quite stylish). Today's featured piece is the Scramble "No Attack Groin" Tee. Matthew Benyon (the shirts designer and the man behind thegrapplingdummy.com) explains his thought process behind this awesome Tee (which comes in both Red and Navy Blue):
This tee is inspired by the British stiff upper lip, and Yuji Shimada, Janglish-spurting Pride referee who started every match with those immortal words... "No elbow above neck. No attack groin. No grab rope. Crean fight, crean fight!"

I ordered mine already, and I'll be rocking the hell out of it in Japan. You should probably check the rest of his gear at scramblestuff.com too.

9 comments:

  1. Are you trying to say something about my distressed t-shirt that has a Celtic cross embedded in the skull of Satan with bedazzle-eyed serpents coming in from both sides? Because if so, I can go put on this raglan clusterfuck of gladiatorial imagery, gold leaf, and the Grim Reaper standing behind Gothic fencing.

    Really though, I like this shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to pictures of you wearing this in Japan.

    Great shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh marta_gallo, you flatter me so. There will be a crap ton of pictures and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so...I'm secretly very jealous you're going to Japan, so I am going to live vicariously through your pictures. Hopefully they don't all have asian schoolgirls in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't promise anything about the latter...but anyway shoot me an e-mail, and I can send you the excerpts. deowade30p@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet. Make this a weekly, or at the very least monthly thing. MMA clothing that isn't horrible always peeks my interest. like the RVCA BJ Penn shirt, or the extremly hard to find purple "Crusher" shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, I'm going to find that when I'm in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deo did your avatar always have facial hair? And why didn't anyone tell me I could make my profile private...oops

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope to see the picture of this. Thank you.

    Marielle of wholesale mma

    ReplyDelete