Thursday, September 30, 2010

R.I.P. Greg Giraldo

I know this is not MMA related but whatever. The world got a whole lot less funnier yesterday.

Greg Giraldo passed away yesterday at the age of 44 of what is being called at the time of this writing an "accidental overdose of prescription medicine". I didn't know the man personally but I thoroughly enjoyed his brand of humor and always looked forward to his yearly appearances on the Comedy Central Roasts.

My condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Greg. Your pain is over. Thanks for the laughs.

2 comments:

  1. He was THE best roaster from those specials... Hands down. It's a damn shame. The man liked to party though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a huge loss to comedy and laughter in general.

    We lose all the good comedians. Jim Norton said it best "where's the justice? Pryor's dead. Carlin's dead. Bob Saget's as healthy as a horse."

    ReplyDelete