Sunday, January 23, 2011

Terrible MMA T-Shirts

Fashion and MMA have never made for good bedfellows. Whether it is the wearing of pink t-shirts in hypothetical neighbourhoods (looking at you Silva) or bearing garish skull and tribal designs in an extra-medium, it would seem the MMA community have taken it upon themselves to confuse a sporting event with a Slayer concert. Though competitors walking out to 'Enter Sandman' at the velodrome during the Olympics would make it a lot funner. But the reason I am posting is because I believe I have found possibly the worst and best of all the MMA t-shirts. It combines war, fantasy, an aggressive maxim and a discernible stroking of a fighters ego. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the new Josh Barnett tee:

















(Courtesy of the indie merch store)


Now I'm actually a fan of Barnett, steroids aside. I enjoy his embracing of pro-wrestling and his desire to put on a show, coupled with his excellent grappling abilities. But surely even for him this is outrageous. And who would feel comfortable wearing this that wasn't also playing Warcraft alone, inside, away from other people? Yet the worst thing is, I would buy this t-shirt. You can keep your Britney Spears, your stamp collection and your 50-Cent doll. My guilty pleasure is Josh Barnett.

No comments:

Post a Comment