Sunday, January 2, 2011

UFC 125 Aftermath


photo via SBNation.com

-Thiago Silva is not only a fighter, he is a musician. I have not seen bongo skills like that since John Stamos in a Beach Boys video. I really wish he would have finished Vera. I guess I will have to settle for him being completely dominant in his first fight in nearly a year.

-Brandon Vera is done. He is also the only human being alive that can do a line of coke off his own ass.

- Edgar v. Maynard was a draw. Frankie won 2, 4 and 5. Gray won 1 (10-8) and 3. It really sucks for Gray but much like Jason Brilz and Evan Dunham last year, his career will benefit greatly through defeat.

-Clay Guida was bouncing around like a goddamn idiot and it seemed to really throw Gomi off. I didn't think Clay was gonna be able to do it, especially when his strikes were all barely landing. It seemed like he couldn't find his range but he ended up getting his 3rd submission victory in a row.

-Brian Stann killed a zombie. It was a damn impressive performance and I have decided I cannot hate him any longer.

-Buff Bagwell, I mean Phil Baroni, is now a .500 fighter. See ya.

- Will somebody figure out that you DO NOT go to the ground with Daniel Roberts?

Overall, I thought it was a very good card. It also gave me back my man points I lost the night before when I went and watched Black Swan. Thanks to the UFC, I got my balls back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment