Tuesday, December 14, 2010

R.I.P James Lynn Strait



I was on a mini vacation last weekend which caused this to be a few days late.

On December 11th 1998, James Lynn Strait was killed in a car accident in Southern California. Lynn was the vocalist for the band Snot and he is one of my favorite singers of all time. The band has a sound all their own. Since Lynn passed other members have gone on to play in other bands including, Amen, Sevendust and Soulfly.

In 2008 the remaining members reformed with Tommy "Vext" Cummings formerly of Divine Heresy on vocals. He and original guitarist Sonny Mayo left in 2009 and now the band has re-reformed under the name Tons. A name so retarded I'm ashamed to even fucking type it.

The only shit that really matters here is that I still love to listen to the only album Snot ever released entitled Get Some. Lynn was an amazing singer and will always be one of my all time favorites. In late 2000, the tribute album Strait Up was released featuring the song Angel's Son written by Clint and Lajon of Sevendust who were very close with Lynn and the other guys in Snot.

Thanks for all the great music Lynn. You are gone but not forgotten.





1 comment:

  1. "do i have to get naked so you motherfuckers remember my name? its Lynn from snot"

    ReplyDelete