Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WEC 53 is Thursday...Guess Who's Going?


That's right, your favorite Unintelligent Defense writer (ME) is flying out for 24 hours to see the last WEC event. I was able to find really cheap airfare ($55 using Continental miles) which allowed me to spoil myself and get 4th row seats just off the floor. My flight is at 8:10 AM which is waaay too early and I arrive in Phoenix at 10AM. The doors open at 4PM and I will be there at exactly 4PM. I won't be missing anything because this will be the show of the year.

What's this mean for you guys? Well I'm bringing my camera and hoping to catch some really good pictures at the event. I'm also hoping to catch up with a fighter or two to somehow score an interview I can post on here. I doubt it'll happen but hoping it does.

The biggest thing is that I'll be live tweeting from the event so I'll have the play by play of all the prelims. I know that Zuffa is planning a couple big things for the WEC's final show but don't know what. So I'll probably tweet those as well. So feel free to follow me on twitter @thisredengine

And finally, I'll post a youtube video of my post fight thoughts from my hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment