Saturday, December 11, 2010

UFC 124: MYSTERY CHALLENGE!!!


While we wait for Deowade to put up his gallon of milk challenge video (I think you cheekin), MostDiabolicalHater and I are going head to head for UFC124. It seems that Deo is away and Marta has her company work party and I guess that means they can't email me their picks. But, we won't disappoint you guys. This challenge is a mystery to us. The winner picks the challenge and the loser must complete it by Monday night. I know what I'm planning for Tom to do and I know he has something equally as diabolical lined up for me.


MostDiabolicalHater

Pick: Georges St. Pierre
Opinion: I am desperately hoping GSP can finish Koscheck here. Josh has a sloppy stand up game and Georges is precise with his strikes. Georges has already proven to be a better wrestler and his BJJ is far superior. I am predicting St. Pierre will drop Koscheck repeatedly on the feet like he did with Fitch. George will finish this one though. Prepare to have your blond fro dyed crimson Josh. I can't wait.
How It Will End: TKO Rd. 4

Pick:
Stefan Struve
Opinion: I can't fucking stand McCorkle so here's hoping the Skyscraper puts him to sleep.
How It Will End: Submission Rd. 2

Pick:
Charles Oliveira
Opinion: "Do Bronx" is on a gravy train with biscuit wheels and I just don't think Jim Miller is the person to slow his meteoric rise. This is very likely to be the Fight Of The Night.
How It Will End: Unanimous Decision

Pick:
Joe Stevenson
Opinion: Joe is going to overpower Mac here. Either this is Danzig's last UFC fight or a drop to 145 might be in order.
How It Will End: Unanimous Decision

Pick:
Thiago Alves
Opinion: The Pitbull gets a rebound win in impressive fashion.
How It Will End: TKO Rd. 2

Pick:
Mark Bocek
Opinion: A drop to 155 is not the solution for Hazelett. Bocek's got this.
How It Will End: Unanimous Decision

Pick:
Rafael Natal
Opinion: Bongfeldt hasn't lost since 2007 when Jonathan Goulet TKO'd him. If "The Road Warrior" stops you, I can't bring myself to pick you.
How It Will End: Submission Rd. 1

Pick:
Matt Riddle
Opinion: I don't know. Pierson lost to Bongfeldt and I picked Bongfeldt to lose so there you go.
How It Will End: TKO Rd. 3

Pick:
Dan Miller
Opinion: Doerkson got strangled by CB Dolloway in his last outing. I don't think this one is gonna be any different.
How It Will End: Submission Rd. 2

Pick:
Ricardo Almeida
Opinion: Big Dog got choked the eff out in Oakland at 117. He gets back on track here.
How It Will End: Submission Rd. 1

Pick:
Pat Audinwood
Opinion: Its "Awesomely Awesome" vs. "The Bull". Gotta go with nickname superiority.
How It Will End: Unanimous Decision



ThisRedEngine

Pick: Josh Koscheck
Opinion: Maybe it's a gut instinct or a retarded pick made after staying up till 6am last night watching K1 WorldGrand Prix, but I have a ridiculous feeling that Koscheck will upset Georges. He's improved and won't give up the takedown as easily as Alves and 'ardy.
How it will end: Left hook, sorry Freddy Roach.

Pick: Stefan Struve
Opinion: McCorkle is loved on the UG. This ain't the UG.
How it will end: Triangle

Pick: Jim Miller
Opinion: I think this is too big a step up for "Do Bronx". He's shown good instincts but Jim Miller is a legitimate top 10 LW. The fact he has gone 7-1 in the UFC and isn't even in talks for a title shot is ridiculous. Hopefully this gets him a #1 contender's match after Bendo/Pettis take on the winner of Maynard/Edgar.
How it will end: Decision

Pick: Joe Stevenson
Opinion: Both of these guys have been disappointing in their post-TUF careers but Stevenson at least had a title shot. Danzig must have some black mail material on the Fertitas to still have a job. Whoever loses this fight will probably cut to 145 but should probably be cut completely from the UFC.
How it will end: TKO

Pick: Alves
Opinion: John Howard is being punished for something. This shouldn't be competitive and if it is, then it says a lot about Thiago Alves and who he is vs. who we thought he was.
How it will end: TKO via leg kicks

Pick: Dustin Hazelett
Opinion: I'm hoping this wasn't a bad cut cause he has the skills and size to mangle Bocek.
How it will end: Armbar

Pick: Dan Miller
Opinion: Dan's fallen on some rough times in and outside of the Octagon. But he should be able to rebound against Joe Dorkson. He is better everywhere and it should show.
How it will end: TKO

Pick: Rafael Natal
Opinion: This is the definition of a gimme fight. I saw him in Austin at UFN 22 and he showed up out of shape and the fear with Natal is that he doesn't put in the time to take advantage of his abilities. If he can't beat some no name dude then he's not ever gonna be ready to fight in the UFC.
How it will end: Submission

Pick: Matt Riddle
Opinion: This is a showcase fight for Riddle. He wins where ever and how ever he wants to.
How it will end: Whatever Riddle wants to do, probably TKO

Pick: Ricardo Almeida
Opinion: TJ Grant is good but he relies on grappling to win fights. He won't out grapple Almeida. He loses.
How it will end: Choke

Pick: Pat Audinwood
Opinion: He took on a difficult Thiago Tavares at UFC 119. He lost but still is a decent prospect. I like him over whatever the other guy's name is.
How it will end: Decision


Below is the Opening Sequence for 124. What do you guys think?


8 comments:

  1. I think this will lead to something that I will enjoy laughing at. Yeah, I'll admit it, your pain and discomfort is funny to me. I'm a lousy person.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRE isnt very good at this picking things huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beren, I decided to take a chance on Koscheck. I bet on GSP though. But with great risk comes great reward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha; with the picks i try to take the easy ones where i can, there is enough luck getting the 50/50 fights right with out huge underdog picks.

    Do you know what the punishment will be yet? not milk i hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I know what the punishment is. I'm filming it tomorrow. It's fucking terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it reflects poorly on myself but this brings a smile to my face. Is deo still to do the milk challenge?

    ReplyDelete