Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hey Strikeforce...you're safe for now!

I should start off by mentioning that I totally botched the picks for this week by not sending mine in on time, but punctuality is not my friend.

I liked Mauro's hair, before he looked like the father of the doughy kid from Hot Tube Time Machine. So he's embraced the Jack Nicholson look, when you look like your head was inflated by a circus clown you don't have a lot of options. Is it me or does Mauro come off as the type of guy that would get sucked up in the moment and blurt out the n word while he's hanging around black people cause he thinks he'll be accepted or considered hip for doing it?

Frank Shamrock will be buried in his braces.

Boy is it sure nice to not have Gus around.

Tyron Woodley did a good job of washing the bad taste out of the mouth of the fans left over from his last performance. Galvao kind of looked like someone slipped him an ambien beforehand, but it was still a decent win for T-Wood regardless. It still looked to me like Mauro was on the verge of saying "my nigga" after he got done interviewing Woodley.

KJ Noons looks like the illegitimate son of Tom Cruise and Ann Curry.

Boy is it sure nice to not have Gus around.

Good gravy, was half the audience in attendance on Strikeforce's roster?

Meisha Tate, yeah I'd smash. I'd smash so hard her vagina would have a closed casket funeral.

Sara Kaufman and Marlos Coenen, good win for Coenen in an expectedly lackluster fight (it wasn't really that bad). Coenen had more in the stand up, and proved to have more on the ground as well. I'd smash both, not as severely as Tate, but their vaginas would at most end up in critical condition.

Nick Diaz's interview with the Jedi chick looked like a middle schooler working up the nerve to ask the head cheerleader to a dance.

I was rooting for Thompson to win and was disappointed when he lost, then I became relieved when I realized the judges were going to give it to him anyway (seriously no matter how you scored that fight, 30-27...what the hell lady?). At the end of the fight he was sure to call out the 30-27 judge with a "bitch please" in so many words that is.

Boy is it sure nice to not have Gus around.

Nick Diaz won that fight in my eyes, I don't care what the statistics say (and it turns out they were totally full of shit like I thought, "oh noes, the computer said so!"). Here's a statistic for ya, 100% of the people that disagree with me can go jump in a lake. Nick Diaz also has the weakest kicks I think I've ever seen from a fighter other then Butterbean and maybe Kyle Maynard (alright that was tasteless and I feel bad for it). It's like it's not even a kick, it's like he's delivering a bitch slap with his foot, and even still he doesn't cease embarrassing himself by throwing plenty of em and missing them all by about 3 miles. At the end Diaz did was Diaz does, and Noons decided to start swinging like a mentally challenged kid at batting practice.

Honestly, did Diaz seem clearer then usual? Is he off the pot or something because after the fight he was able to put together a clean and coherent statement, not a single "ya know" to be found!

Overall a pretty decent show, thanks Strikeforce for delivering a night full of solid fights.

Boy was it sure nice to not have Gus around.

19 comments:

  1. They put on exciting fights. And girl fights too.
    Just kidding, every woman outside of Kauffman goes all out.

    What I really liked, I'm not sure you noticed, but Gus wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Farnsworth, I should tell you that Chris Nelson told me that you would probably be accepted back at BE after 3-6 months when your IP address ban ends as long as you've calmed down a little mister send someone an angry email after you get banned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo I can't lie though... Gus always gets a little bit of a pass with me off the strength of sonning Spike Lee. But not with MMA though - so yeah, keep him away.

    That 30-27 for Thomson was absurd.

    I almost got banned from BE over that female fight. From now on, I'm staying off the internet while women fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Gus wasn't there? Gee, you'd think someone would've made mention of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I don't care what the statistics say"

    "Also, I love the '75 Reds and think Wins are the best measure of a pitcher's skill!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried to get back on. Its kinda gay now, to be honest. That and I have shit to do. Knowing they banned my IP makes me want to use a proxy just to fuck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I misread Chris' ban message. I thought he said "soory, just wanted to ban you." but he actually said "sorry didn't want to ban you." LOL. My bad.

    Guess who's got a shiny new username...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So should I look for mybigblackshinypackage in the comment sections?

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I return, it shall be triumphant. All men(and the 3 ladies) shall know at once that the truth is alive. I will appear on a white horse, a double edge sword in my mouth. Slain shall be the wicked men, the powerful men, the great men. And birds shall feast upon their flesh...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just did some research:

    Turns out, that wasn't my prophiesed return. It was Jesus', who appearantly is one badass Mexican.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5,000 people. Lot of people to be feeding to with tilapia and conchas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Farnsworth, how nice that you acknowledge the ladies...I'm pretty sure there are more than 3 now though

    Emcee-funny and entertaining post, I wasn't offended haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I appreciate that Marta, at BE some of these guys act like I've personally set WMMA back with silly comments about "smashing," which is a mentally challenged word in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. God just such a pathetic post. Your attempts at humor bring down the whoe english language...

    That was hater speak for the day. Great and funny read.

    I think every single person on the internet thinks JZ won, but 3 "professionally qualified" judges disagree so we are all obviously wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are we all going to get banned? Did anyone else see that Geno Mrosko tweeted the BE article to MMANation?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh I feel somewhat responsible for whatever happened this afternoon. I was working, so I only caught part of the comments...I probably should have just kept the Twitter info to myself.

    ReplyDelete