Saturday, October 23, 2010

UFC 121 Picks - ThisRedEngine vs. Marta_Gallo

For UFC 121 I will be going head to head with Marta. Loser will be eating a Habanero pepper.

Let's get into the picks!

Marta

Jon Madsen-by Yvel having horrible cardio
Chris Camozzi-here comes the hot stepper...wait that's Ini Kamoze, I think he will use his reach advantage to outstrike Yang
Sam Stout-This may be fight of the night, Stout by better kickboxing and quicker hands
Daniel Roberts-by wrestling, he will dictate the pace of this fight
Patrick Cote-He is the better fighter, hopefully he isn't affected by ring rust
Court McGee-I think he is going to be able to hurt Jensen on his feet
Gabriel Gonzaga-Everyone know I wanna see a big head kick
Matt Hamill-I just can't pick Tito...I can't do it
Paulo Thiago-I think he will send Sanchez back to lightweight
Jake Sheilds-I will not pick against a fellow vegan, it's not going to be exciting...but he will win. Side note excited to see some elbows
Brock Lesnar-I vowed after the Carwin fight that I would not pick against Brock anymore and I am sticking by that. I think people are underestimating Brocks cadio here, and he has stupid farmboy strength.


ThisRedEngine

John Madsen - He's a better wrestler and has a better camp. He won't get sucked into trading with Yvel.

Mike Gumyon - I like him as a former King of the Cage champ. He had a rough outing against Rory McDonald but should bounce back and handle Dave Robert's wrestling. Gumyon via Dec.

Dongi Yang - I like this guy and hate Chris Camozzi. Yang is also one of the signings Zuffa is counting on to break into the Asian Market. Dec win.

Sam Stout - He's not a KO artist but dude has great stand up. His fight to lose but he won't. Decision win.

Patrick Cote - He's got more ways to win and is a big 185 fighter. I like him by KO in the second.

Court McGee - TUF champs always get an easy outing. This is as close to a lock as you can get.

Paulo Thiago - It's bad news when a fighter already plans to drop a weight class even before the fight. Diego had his heart taken from him by BJ Penn. I think Thiago bounces back off his Kampman loss and submits Diego in the second.

Matt Hammill - I used to be a Tito Ortiz fan. Not after he said deaf people have soft heads. I guess he forgot he had a cracked skull. Hammill is a better wrestler. Decision.

Gabe Gonzaga - He's more experienced and has the edge everywhere. His fight to lose but I won't be bummed to see Schaub win as he's a future top 10 in the HW division. Gonzaga by second round Sub.

Jake Shields - This was a tough call for me. But he's a favorite and should ride out a decision win.

Brock Lesnar - Cain is too small and I'm tired of people saying he's got great cardio. Neither guy has gone beyond 3 rounds and I'm picking the champ by second round TKO.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm not eating a Habanero pepper...can't wait to see the vid TRE :)

    ReplyDelete