Saturday, October 23, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Land of 10,000 Lakes

I'm doing 85mph down I94W through BROCKLESNAR country wondering if this fight will finally going to prove to everyone that Brock "is for real"? Will it make his haters stop? No. Lesnar is correct about one thing, he was put on this earth to be a warrior. He does not care what you or I think, love or hate. The following are thoughts that randomly ran through my head on my long drive through Minnesota yesterday.


My red Acura coupe with hip hop bumping really sticks out like a sore thumb in the land of big obnoxious trucks and country music. Brock's Jimmy John sponsored truck is not even close to the rudest. They ALL drive trucks like that out here. I am getting some nasty looks from boys in cowboy hats and overalls. I feel like I need to lock my doors.


Being out here it is easier to understand why Brock doesn't know who Chael Sonnen is. There is nothing out here. It's miles and miles of farmland. My god, I hope they have indoor plumbing. I must make a note to myself to come back here when Brock is in training camp, seems like a gigantic man that works out at an old airplane hanger should be easy to find.


Listening to all the other fighters make their picks, I have to wonder, do they feel some jealously towards Lesnar? Many fighters have years of dedication in this sport, and he swoops in and is the belle of the ball. It must be hard for them to see a physically gifted but relatively green, Brock get so much attention. Granted, I'm sure they realize it is good for them in the long run, but still...


This hummus wrap is terrible. Damn it Byerly's you fooled me and I wasted $6. Brock Lesnar would rather have have another bout of diverticulitis in Canada than eat this crap.


I decide it would be a good idea to start asking my clients if they are watching the fight this weekend. I'm in BROCKLESNAR country, surely they all know who he is and that he is fighting this weekend. Right? No, you would be wrong. People looked at me like I had dropped down from Mars. "He still is in WWE??" Oh my, I need to go home now...

No comments:

Post a Comment