Friday, October 1, 2010

What I learned from WEC 51


Here are some quick thoughts on last nights Matches:

- Zhang Tie Quan lived up to his hype and was probably boost for Zuffa's Chinese office.

- Oh, Leonard Garcia. We all love your Haymakers or GTFO approach to fighting, but that sh*t will get you picked apart once you stop fighting the WEC's B-Squad.

- Headshots really do stop zombies...in spectacular fashion. I remember talking to thisredengine a few months ago before Jung/Garcia I. We both agreed that Chan Sung Jung's plodding Zombie like style would get his ass knocked out. Taking Garcia's terribly thrown punches is one thing, but you can't do that with someone that has good striking. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan. I've just been brought back to reality.

- I knew that I'd seen Miguel Torres' New Stance somewhere. He jacked that from M. Bison. Good to see him win again though. That Body Triangle was serious business.

- Donald Cerrone embraced his hatred and unleashed the Dark Side on Jamie Varner last night. He beat the bricks off'em. He still needs to improve on his head movement though.

- JOSEALDO!!!!!!! I will admit, I had a flashback of Rashad rocking Rampage when Manny landed that first punch. Annnndddd then the 1st leg kick landed, and all was right in the cosmos. Seriously, who can beat him? He trains with Sandro, so that's not happening. Who I ask you? WHO??!?!

- Lastly, I ♥ the WEC.

Follow me on Twitter, @DeoWade

7 comments:

  1. I missed the kick that ended the Sung Jung/Roop fight. My "television" went out and came back just in time for me to see the replay. I still foresee marginal success for the Zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say pretty good night of fights. Hopefully Grispi beats Koch so we can see if the Fluke has the right medicine to deal with the Spinomdigy ( mixture of Spider, Prodigy, Phenom).

    Nova Uniao is sicknasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a side not: Should there be more outrage on Aldo landing multiple shots to Manny in the closing seconds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To the back of Manny's head". Is what that should have said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shots to the bad of his head are what put him out. I noticed that too, but I think Manny was done either way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too. I just don't see how there's more people not at least acknowledging it happened. Bonnar and whatever his name is watched it in slow mo, and all they could do was talk about how sick Aldo is and how powerful he punches. While the screen is showing Aldo landing directly to the back of the noggin at least 3 times.

    Let me reiterate that I agree in Manny was probably done anyway, I just think there should be more talk on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed the back of the head shots too, but I like everyone else, didn't really care. Yes, that probably is wrong, but would it really make a difference if people were commenting on it?

    ReplyDelete