Monday, November 1, 2010

8 Things That Frustrate Us As MMA Fans


Falling in love with Striking
I’m a Jiu Jitsu player but I just won by Knockout. So, that means I have K-1 level striking. Screw the ground game. I’m standing and banging from now on because the fans love it.



Futile Arm-In Guillotine attempts
Oh, I caught your head when you shot in for the take down. I think I’m going to squeeze as hard as possible and gas my arms out. It doesn’t matter than I don’t have the proper positioning to pull this off. I can do it!



Lack of Head Movement
I’m just going to stand in your striking range and make my head an easy target by keeping it in one place.



Circling in the wrong direction
Instead of circling away from my opponents power hand, I’m going to circle into it. Reverse psychology right here! It’ll totally work guys!



Doing stupid things outside of the Ring/Cage
I’m a fighter. Therefore I have to act like our negative stereotype. I get drunk and start fights in public. Who cares that it makes my sport look bad. I’m a BADASS.



Not practicing the Ground Game because it’s not “Manly”
I don’t roll around on the ground with other men. I’d rather get choked unconscious or get my arm snapped in half because I'm not comfortable with myself.



Gassing
I’m gonna knock him out in the 1st 5 minutes of the fight or I’m going to keep punching them on the ground until the ref stops it. It doesn’t matter if they have really good defense. There’s no way that this fight is leaving the 1st. Who needs to train for more than that?



Revealing injuries after a loss
I wasn’t going to say anything about this but I had a [insert injury here] during training. So this loss doesn’t count. My opponent didn’t beat me because he had better conditioning or better striking or better takedown defense or better grappling. It’s all because I had an injury.

6 comments:

  1. Yea Gonzaga not attempting a takedown until 10 seconds left completely mind fucked me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing I'd include hyping up a fight to no end with nothing but talk of "I'm knocking him the fuck out!" knowing damn well in advance you only plan to snuggle and cage hump for the large majority of the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think Fitch goes into fights with intent to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, with the intent to finish emptying out the arena.

    But seriously folks, try the veal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fitch heard "finishing is important" and misunderstood. Got it stuck in his head that you gotta see the whole 15 or 25 minutes through.

    ReplyDelete