Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Sided Conversations: UFC 123


Photo via averysimplequestion.com

From time to time I like to have a little chat with certain fighters following a PPV. I feel that my insight is incredibly valuable and the recipients of my praises or lectures should follow exactly what I say. I am, after all, an MMA blogger.

Quinton Jackson: Congrats on the "win" last night. You won via octagon control and that is it. I do appreciate your attitude after the fight and you continue to be one of the most likable people in the sport. I hope you get to fight the winner of Bader v. Jones. Whoever wins that one should get a crack at the belt.

Lyoto Machida: I thought you won the fight, man. It was not a robbery by any stretch but I still think you won. The bad thing about your style is that it will always make your opponent seem like the aggressor. I wish you would have thrown more kicks because you were chopping down Page's legs a little bit with the ones you threw. Do me a favor, next time you have dominant position on the ground, goddamn do something with it please. I think you should fight Matt Hamill next.

Phil Davis: Excellent job. You are still in your infancy as a mixed martial artists and you are already what every other wrestler should aspire to be. No lay and pray bullshit from you sir and I appreciate the hell out of that. Not to mention that cobra pose at the weigh in scares the bejesus out of me. I hope you get a step up in competition next fight. Maybe the winner of Bonnar vs. Pokrajac or the loser of Thiago Silva vs. Brandon Vera.

Maiquel Falcao
: You looked good for 2 rounds and showed some good TDD. Next time let go of the goddamn choke when the round ends.

BJ Penn: I am glad you're back. Please just stick to one division.

Matt Hughes
: Sorry, man. That was brutal.

George Sotiropolous: I was very happy to see you go out there and submit J-Lo without your GeorgePants. It was very fitting considering all the bitching he did about them pre-fight. You are the key to the UFC becoming huge in Australia so keep up the good work.

Edson Barboza: Jesus Christ Monkeyballs those leg kicks!

2 comments:

  1. Falcao almost lost me with that after the bell shit. Almost.

    Machida-Jackson was enjoyable enough for me. I find myself trying to apply the half-point scoring system to a lot of these fights. Like most things, it sounds pretty good to me in theory but I figure the majority would wish to kill it with fire.

    Phil Davis. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this to us. For us we really seek some tips and thank you for providing one. It will be good if your updates will be more often. Thank you again.


    mma gear pimp

    ReplyDelete