Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Music That Doesn't Suck - Vision Of Disorder



Vision of Disorder formed in 1992 in Long Island, New York. I first heard this band when a friend purchased a truck and the previous owner left a couple VOD discs in the glove box. To show you how my luck runs, when I bought my car inside the CD player was MTV Party To Go Volume 6. But I digress...

Vision Of Disorder's self titled album
is an assault of pure hardcore. Tim Williams' guttural, intense vocals combined with heavy guitar riffs make Vision Of Disorder one of the best bands to come out of the NYHC scene. If you are a fan of bands like Earth Crisis or Life Of Agony odds are VOD is right up your alley. To this day few albums get me more pumped up than this one. It is one of those discs that you put on and you start driving faster, much like how listening to "Weight" by the Rollins Band got me a speeding ticket. Thanks a lot Henry.

I will leave you with a couple of my favorite tracks to sample the band. I highly recommend the self titled album pictured above and the Still EP. This is certainly not for everyone but if you enjoy hardcore or metal music I think you will really like Vision Of Disorder. Here are a couple of my favorite tracks:



3 comments:

  1. Fucking love Henry Rollins. I was just talking to my friend about him today. She likes his spoken word, as do I, but fuck that man. His music is pure aggression with an intelligence that is lacking in a lot of music. I had a 6' iguana once and his name was rollins. He figured out how to unlock his cage. He's dead now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of these guys. They are fucking good man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on all counts dedstrk. I have seen Rollins do spoken word 4 times and I always leave with something to think about and some new perspectives. The music is amazing as well and a good influence on my life.

    Glad you like VOD as well. Some of the members went on to form Bloodsimple but that shit is weak sauce in comparison.

    ReplyDelete