Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fuck You Antonio Margarito

Before I post the WEC 52 Preview, I'd like address something that has been bothering me all day. Antonio Margarito has a history of being a piece of shit. He used loaded hand wraps for at least one fight (Shane Mosley) when there are rumors of at least five previous instances of usage. His excuse afterward? "I didn't know". YES YOU FUCKING DID! How could you not? So yesterday AOL Fanhouse posted a video which had Antonio Margarito and training partner Brandon Rios imitating Manny Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach, who happens to have Parkinson's Disease which is directly related to his fight career. Fanhouse took down the video and posted an edited version, this one without Brandon Rios, to make it seem like Antonio Margarito was pretending to be scared, instead of pretending to have Parkinson's. Again, this video was pulled down from Youtube, for reasons unknown. Luckily, with the world we live in, the original video didn't disappear, it was uploaded by someone who wanted people to see what kind of assholes train with Antonio Margarito.

I understand why Fanhouse pulled both copies off of Youtube. They don't want to lose credentials/contacts within the Margarito camp, but it comes off as trying to protect a piece of shit from public opinions when normally, a video like this could make a journalist's career.

Today at the Press Conference at Cowboy Stadium in Dallas, Margarito and Rios' trainer Robert Garcia claimed that neither fighter knew that Freddie Roach has Parkinson's. They didn't know that the most famous trainer in boxing had Parkinson's when it's general knowledge. Brandon Rios did know that Roach had 13 losses as a professional fighter. Which isn't common knowledge. But that's their official stance, they "didn't know". You know what? Fuck these guys.

A little information about me. My grampa had Parkinson's disease and was unable to do many normal day to day things like eating without assistance. From 10-13 I spent my weekends at his and my gramma's house feeding him lunch. At a young age, I saw what the disease could do to someone. My 13th Birthday was spent with him and I was the last person in my family to feed him, as he died that day. For anyone to make jokes about this disease, in my eyes, is scum. There isn't redeeming quality about Margarito and Brandon Rios and because of their jokes, I won't be watching this event at all. I hope you guys do the same.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandfather Matt, but to me this does little to change my perception of Margarito or this fight. He's already committed one of the greatest sins in boxing, and put the health and safety of who knows how many opponents in great jeopardy. I'm rather indifferent to Margarito but I certainly don't necessarily hope for his success. I wasn't planning on buying this event in the first place (no moneys) but I'm still very interested in the fight itself and plan to watch it online in some capacity.

    Them playing ignorant is just as ridiculous considering they must have had some clue that Roach must suffer from some sort of physical impairment (it's not like he's doing some new dance where you tremor mildly for the majority of the day). Really though, if you weren't totally turned off by Margarito before it's hard to imagine that something would finally make you break considering what he's already done in the past. To some it up "they are who we thought they were."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be watching. I do hope Manny stomps a mudhole in his ass and walks it dry BAH GAWD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you on this, my grandma has Parkinson's. Brandon Rios, what a piece of garbage. Didn't he get in trouble for calling someone a faggot too? Elie Seckbach also shouldn't be trying to protect these idiots either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Victor Ortiz.

    I'll be boycotting the fight mainly because I fucking hate Top Rank. I also have similar hate for Margarito considering he's a fucking cheater. I'm glad more people are starting to see how shitty this situation is.

    BTW I never in my life thought I would be skipping a Manny Pacquiao bout to watch Nate marquardt and Yushin Okami fight. Never in a million years.

    ReplyDelete